• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Ages: Children entering grades 2 and 3
Camp Director: Laura Gotlin
Camp Dates: Monday, July 3 – Friday, August 25
Full day program
The Camp Shalom environment encourages independence and growth through the development of social skills, self-esteem and Sportsmanship while creating camp traditions which reflect Jewish values. Activities take place at the beautiful Henry Kaufmann Campgrounds. Children are grouped according to age and gender to provide the best possible experience.
Children participate in a full day of camp recreation which includes instruction and skill development in sports such as soccer, volleyball, basketball, and baseball. Campers swim daily; instructional and free swim are both part of our program. Music, drama and dance, Judaic and Israeli culture, nature, arts, and crafts, cooking and boating fill the child’s day with activity. Campers also have the opportunity to participate in cookouts, Oneg Shabbat and special camp events.
Age-appropriate trips and special “in camp” programs enhance the child’s camp experience. Some trips have included zoos, aquariums and amusement parks. Children may purchase lunch through our lunch program or they may bring their own which will be refrigerated. Kosher snacks are provided.
Unit Director: Laura Gotlin
Laura Gotlin is a native Staten Islander residing in Emerson Hill. She attended Port Richmond High School and received her Bachelor’s Degree in Print Journalism from Hofstra University.
Laura is the owner of Over the Moon Baby Services, a business that specializes in infant and child safety. She is also a certified yoga instructor
She was a camper at the JCC for eight years , and loves camp so much that she is back in her sixth year as Shalom Unit Director!
- Year round position: Owner of Over the Moon Baby Services/Yoga Instructor
- Favorite Camp Memory: Going on all of the fun trips!
- Favorite Musician/Musical Group: Bob Marley
- Favorite Food: Lots of veggies and fruit
- Favorite TV Show: SpongeBob Squarepants
- Something most do not know about you: I’m an avid snowboarder and traveler!
- Favorite spot at camp: Being out on the main field
- Favorite Vacation Destination: Costa Rica